Your MyRepublic modem is set up to automatically detect your MyRepublic connection, so setting up your modem should be a breeze.
Step 1 - Connecting your power supply
Connect one end of the power adapter to your Wi-Fi Halo and the other end into the power outlet and switch is on.
Step 2 - Setting up your connection
For nbn™ FTTP, HFC, FTTC or Fixed Wireless connection
- Check that your nbn™ equipment has a green power, optical or online light (depending on the type of nbn™ equipment installed in your home)
- If you have selected to transfer an existing nbn™ connection, take one of the supplied Ethernet cables and plug one end into the red WAN port of the Wi-Fi Halo and the other end into the UNI-D port of your old provider's service on the nbn™ equipment
- If you are connecting to the nbn™ for the first time or have selected to connect a new service, take one of the supplied Ethernet cables and plug one end into the red WAN port of the Wi-Fi Halo and the other end into the next available UNI-D port on the nbn™ equipment
For nbn™ FTTN or FTTB
- Connect one end of the telephone cable directly into your telephone wall socket, and the other end into the grey xDSL port on the Wi-Fi Halo
- Please do not use a splitter with your connection
Step 3 - Automated set up
You are now ready to switch on your Wi-Fi Halo by pressing the power button on the back of the modem. Your device will now set up automatically.
It can take up to 10 minutes to complete the setup process. The Status light on your modem will turn green upon startup, then will turn purple once the setup is complete.
Step 4 - Setting up your home phone
Connect one end of a telephone cable to the green phone port on the Wi-Fi Halo and the other end into your telephone.
Step 5 - Connecting via Wi-Fi
Your wireless details are supplied on the magnetic Wi-Fi Security Card and can also be found on the back of your modem.
- Open your wireless connections on your device and search for the Wi-Fi Network Name. You can connect to the 2.4 or 5Ghz connection depending on what type of connection is supported by your devices
- Enter the Wireless Key as your password.
For optimal performance, we recommend that you connect no more than 10 devices wirelessly
Step 6 - Connecting via ethernet
Connect the second supplied ethernet cable to one of the yellow LAN ports on the back of the Wi-Fi Halo and connect the other end into the ethernet port on your device.